The Outcomes Upload Wizard will walk you through the upload process
- 1. Launch the outcomes upload wizard
- 2. Import and validate your file
- 3. Specify your GPA system
- 4. Specify how to track applied and admitted students
- 5. Define how hooked applicants are handled
- 6. Review settings and complete the import
1. Launch the outcomes upload wizard
All report functions are are available through the Admin menu in your counselor dashboard.
|NOTE: Access to the admin menu is limited to those authorized by the head of the counseling team.|
To import data for outcome reports, first click on the Admin menu and then select Reports. This will bring you to the reports page:
In the Outcomes section, click on the blue Upload button to launch the outcomes upload wizard:
What file is needed for outcomes upload?
You’ll need a standard “Applications by Colleges” report from Naviance, Cialfo, Maia Learning, or SCOIR in CSV format.
- Please refer to this article for how to export your data from your Source of Records program: Exporting Reports from CIALFO, MAIA LEARNING, NAVIANCE, or SCOIR for use in College Kickstart
|NOTE: The structure of CSV files exported from the systems of supported vendors may change over time. College Kickstart makes a best effort to support the latest version of each file. If your vendor modified their export process recently and you cannot upload your file, please contact email@example.com.|
For optimal analysis strength, we recommend that your admissions data covers at least the most recent 3-5+ years.
- If your typical high school class is less than 125 students, we recommend at least 5 years of historical admissions data.
- If your typical high school class is between 125-175 students, we recommend at least 4 years of historical admissions data.
- If your typical high school class is over 175 students, we recommend at least 3 years of historical admissions data.
When you have a file ready, click GET STARTED to begin the import process.
2. Import and validate your file
Click Choose File to select your import file and click Validate to begin the import and validation process. The wizard will then perform a series of checks to make sure all of the required fields are present and exclude duplicate records and records with invalid/missing entries.
If records have been excluded from the import, you can click on the details link to bring up a validation log that provides details on which entries had issues:
Assuming you have relatively few excluded records, click Next to proceed to the Custom GPA section. Otherwise, please review your CSV file and restart the outcomes upload when you are satisfied.
3. Specify your GPA system
The Custom GPA section indicates whether your school is using a non-standard GPA.
If you do not use a custom GPA and use a standard 4.0 unweighted GPA or 5.0 weighted GPA, this section will indicate no custom GPA is used. In this case, simply click Next and proceed to the next section.
If you have a custom GPA, it should be specified in the panel. Review the current values and the GPA Lookup table. If you have any questions about your custom GPA, contact your RM and Support. If you are satisfied with the current GPA, click Next to proceed to the next section.
4. Specify how to track applied and admitted students
This section defines how you want College Kickstart to count applications and admittances. All of the application results present in your historical data are displayed alongside checkboxes to indicate what result should fall in the applied or admitted categories.
For example, all outcomes with the “Jan. Admit” result will be counted as an applicant and an admitted student. All outcomes with the "Waitlisted" result will be counted as an applicant, but not counted as an admitted student. All outcomes with the "Unknown" result will not be counted as an applicant.
Once you are satisfied, click Next to proceed to the Define Hooks section.
5. Define how hooked applicants are handled
If you use custom flags and you wish to track hooked or test-optional applicants, use this section to map your flags to the categories provided in College Kickstart. This allows you to track these applicants in certain reports generated by College Kickstart.
If the flags field isn’t included in your import file or you don’t wish to track hooked applicants in reports, click Next to continue.
- The "Do NOT use in reports" option is used if you do not wish to track hooked applicants
- The "Use for test-optional reports" is used for test-optional analyses (i.e. Outcomes Reports - Understanding the Test-Optional Summary Report )
Click Next to proceed to the Summary section.
6. Review settings and complete the upload
This section summarizes all of your settings. If they are to your satisfaction, click Finish to complete the import process. You will be returned back to the Reports page where you will now be able to generate the various outcome reports.