This article takes you through the process of uploading your historical data for the Board Reporting Service.
- Before you begin
- 1. Import and validate your file
- 2. Specify how to track applied and admitted students
- 3. Define how hooked applicants are handled
- 4. Review settings and complete the import
Before you begin
You will need a standard "Applications by Colleges" report that covers at least the most recent 3 years from Naviance, Cialfo, Maia Learning, or SCOIR in CSV format.
This export should include outcomes captured for your latest senior class and should be as “clean” as possible.
- Please refer to this article for how to export your data from your Source of Records program: Exporting Report from NAVIANCE, SCOIR, CIALFO for use in College Kickstart
|NOTE: The structure of CSV files exported from the systems of supported vendors may change over time. College Kickstart makes a best effort to support the latest version of each file. If your vendor modified their export process recently and you are unable to upload your file, please contact email@example.com.|
Once you’ve subscribed, you’ll be taken to the Board Reporting Service upload wizard. The wizard is designed to guide you through the file upload process with ease. This should take you no more than five minutes. You have 14 days to complete your upload.
To begin, click on the GET STARTED button.
1. Import and validate your file
Click Choose File to select your import file and click Validate to begin the import and validation process. The wizard will then perform a series of checks to make sure all of the required fields are present and exclude duplicate records and records with invalid/missing entries.
If records have been excluded from the import, you can click on the details link to bring up a validation log that provides details on which entries had issues:
Assuming you have relatively few excluded records, click NEXT to proceed to the Apps and Admittances section.
Otherwise, please review your CSV file and restart the upload when you are satisfied.
- Please note that once you’ve finished the upload process and analysis has begun, it can no longer be changed.
2. Specify how to track applied and admitted students
This section helps us understand how you define an applicant and an admitted student. All of the application results present in your historical data are displayed alongside checkboxes to indicate what result should fall in the applied or admitted categories.
For example, all outcomes with the “Jan. Admit” result will be counted as an applicant and an admitted student. All outcomes with the "Waitlisted" result will be counted as an applicant, but not counted as an admitted student. All outcomes with the "Unknown" result will not be counted as an applicant.
Click Next to continue.
3. Define how hooked applicants are handled
(Available to Plus subscribers only)
If you are a Plus subscriber, use custom flags, and you wish to track hooked or test-optional applicants, you can use this section to map your flags to the categories provided in College Kickstart. This allows you to track these applicants in certain reports generated by College Kickstart.
If the flags field isn’t included in your import file or you don’t wish to track hooked applicants in reports, click Next to continue.
- The "Do NOT use in reports" option is used if you do not wish to track hooked applicants
Click Next to proceed to the Summary section.
4. Review settings and complete the upload
This section summarizes your settings. If they are to your satisfaction, click FINISH to complete the import process. Your file will then be uploaded and queued for analysis.
- Please note that once you’ve uploaded your data and analysis has begun, it can no longer be changed. Expect to hear back from us in 2-3 business days with your results.